Trek Inca Trail 2D / 1N
The tour Inca Trail in 2 days and 1 night will allow you to enjoy one of the most impressive routes in South America. Inca Trail hike of 2 days and 1 night, The Inca Trail tour in 2 days and 1 night will allow you to enjoy one of the most impressive routes in South America. This tour is almost always done after a tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Go through the last part of the traditional Camino Camino and make it possible to visit archeological sites such as Chachabamba, Huiñay Huayna and Inti Punku, after which we can reach the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
The hike along the “Camino del Inca” is aimed especially at travelers who have limited time and who wish to experience part of the famous Inca Trail.
Performing the Inca Trail in just 2 days and 1 night, is the most practical option for those who prefer to make a tour through the archaeological sites of the last section of the Inca Trail that takes us directly to the citadel of Machu Picchu, such as Chachabamba, Huiñay Huayna and Inti Punku.
The trip along the Inca Trail offers many advantages and better adventures than classic tours such as: train trip to Machu Picchu and bus trips to Machu Picchu.
Private tours to Machu Picchu along the Inca Trail are also available for the most demanding travelers.
Availability: Open from March to January. February closed for maintenance. The Peruvian government regulates entry to the Inca Trail allowing only 500 people per day including support staff as guides, cooks and porters which reduces the number of visitors to only 200. We recommend making your reservation well in advance.
Day 1 Cusco - Km 104 - Wiñayhuayna - Aguas Calientes
- Hike: 6 - 7 hours / 13Km
- Night at Aguas Calientes Hotel
Día 2 Aguas calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Guided tour to Machu Picchu
- Return to Cusco
Meals: Breakfast = (B), Lunch = (L), Dinner = (D), Refreshment = (R)
Day 1 Cusco - Km 104 - Wiñayhuayna - Aguas Calientes (R)
Very early we will pick you up from your hotel to transfer you to the station and board the train towards km 104, place of control and start of the Inca Trail. Then we will start the walk and visit the first archaeological site of Chachabamba located a short distance from the control point, then ascend a beautiful path surrounded by orchids and waterfalls to reach the next Inca site of Huiñay Huayna, composed of beautiful agricultural terraces and some ceremonial water fountains, very close to there we will take a short break to have lunch and then resume our walk to the site of Inti Punku (door of the sun) where we will enjoy the first view of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. then we will descend by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night in the designated hotel.
- Maximum height: 2800 m.
- Estimated time of the walk: 6 - 7 hours.
- Distance: 13 km.
Day 2 Aguas calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco (B)
In the morning after having a breakfast at the hotel, we will take the bus (30min) up to the Inca citadel, then start the guided tour of the main temples, squares and religious places of the Sacred City of Machu Picchu. After the guided tour you will have a free time to explore the citadel of Machu Picchu, then descend at the scheduled time to Aguas Calientes where you will have enough time to have lunch (not included). In the afternoon we will take the train back to Cusco, arriving at the station and returning to our hotel in Cusco.
- Return by train Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo: 2hrs.
- Transfer Ollantaytambo - Cusco: 2hrs.
Services included in the Trek:
- Information prior to departure.
- Pick up from the hotel and transport to Ollantaytambo station.
- One way train tickets (km 104) and return.
- Entrances to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- 01 Refreshment (box lunch available vegetarian option).
- Guided by a professional bilingual guide (2 guides per group of 8 people) .
- Bus up and down Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes.
- 01 night in Aguas Calientes hotel.
- Transportation from the train station to the hotel in Cusco.
- Breakfast and dinner on day 01, and lunch on day 02.
- Huaynapicchu Mountain (subject to availability).
- Travel insurance.
- Extra expenses not mentioned in the program.
We recommend to Bring
- Your original passport and / or ISIC card (if you are a student).
- A backpack to carry out your personal things.
- Appropriate trekking shoes preferably waterproof.
- Trekking poles with rubber tips.
- Extra cameras and batteries.
- Hat to protect your face from the sun.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Insect repellent.
- Rain gear, a rain jacket, rain poncho.
- Personal articles.
- Bathing suit for use in hot springs.
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, dried fruits etc.
- Cash for personal expenses.