Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu tour in 2 days
The Sacred Valley of the Incas and Machu Picchu tour, today, is one of the most requested adventures by visitors. This tour of 2 days presents great advantages as:
- Get to know the most important archeological sites of the sacred valley in a short time.
- Know Machu Picchu and huayna picchu
- Complete tour in only 2 days.
- Itinerary suitable for all visitors
This tour package includes visits to the Sacred Valley of the Incas and Machu Picchu. In the Sacred Valley, living history of Cusco, you can visit ancient Inca cities such as Pisac , a citadel built on the mountains with beautiful terraces that go from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the valley. The village of Urubamba , resting place to enjoy the typical foods of the sacred valley next to the river Vilcanota, sacred river of the Incas. The fortress of Ollantaytambo a living Inca city, which is a mandatory step before finally arriving at Machu Picchu , natural and archaeological sanctuary of Peru and the world.
This tour is directed for those who want to know Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu in 2 days with a short break in Machu Picchu town.
- Departures: Daily
- Duration: 2 Days with overnight in Aguas Calientes hotel
- Minimum Height : 2000 msnm Aguas Calientes
- Maximum Height : 2400 masl Machu Picchu
Day 1: Tour Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Pisac and Ollantaytambo (full day)
- Lunch in Urubamba
- Travel by train to Machu Picchu town
- Night in hotel of Machu Picchu town
Day 2: Tour in Machu Picchu
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Return to the city of Cusco by train and bus
*Optional activities to the Tour
Montaña Huaynapicchu (add USD 15): 2693 m altitude
- First shift 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. 200 seats
- Second shift 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. 200 seats
Mountain Machu Picchu (add 15 USD): 3082 m altitude
- First shift 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Second shift 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Day 1: Sacred Valley Tour
- Referential schedule: 8:30 - 16:00 hrs.
- Meals: Includes lunch.
The tour begins with the pick-up from the hotel at 8:30 am to go to the Sacred Valley starting with the Archaeological site of Pisac, a magnificent place for its beautiful agricultural terraces and palaces erected neatly on the mountain. Then we will descend to the famous handicraft market of Pisac crammed with a variety of colorful products that will delight our senses. Then we will go to the town of Urubamba where an exquisite lunch awaits us, to continue our trip by bus to the Ollantaytambo fortress and appreciate its magnificent chambers and temples built with huge blocks of granite stone.
At the end of the first day we will board the train to Machu Picchu town (2 hours by train), located at the foot of the citadel Machu Picchu where they will be transferred to their respective hotel indicating the necessary information for the next day's visit. Night in hotel of Machu Picchu town.
Day 2: Tour in Machu Picchu
- Start reference schedule: 6: 30hrs
- Meals: Breakfast included.
Very early after breakfast at the hotel, we will board the bus that will take us to the sacred city of Machu Picchu. We will try to be the first to see the sunrise in Machu Picchu and start the guided tour visiting the Temples, plazas, and other tourist sites of the historic Inca citadel. At the end of the guided tour we will descend to Machupicchu town to have lunch and return to Cusco by train and by bus ending the tourist service.
*Optional Hikes in Machu Picchu
Huaynapicchu Mountain (Young Mountain): is located north of the citadel at 2,693 m altitude. and its access is from the Inca citadel itself. The trek is moderate, approximately 300m of walk through a steep path with steps in which you can see buildings and agricultural terraces perfectly attached to the mountain.
From the top of this mountain you have a privileged and complete view of the entire Inca citadel, for these reasons it is attributed a religious astronomical function and at the same time a control point.
There are 2 turns of entry the first from 7 to 8 am and the second shift from 9 to 10 am, each of them has 200 spaces that must be reserved well in advance.
Mountain Machu Picchu (Old Mountain): is located south of the Inca citadel at 3,082 m altitude. its access is from the same Inca citadel through a broad and less steep path.
The trek to this mountain requires a good physical condition, reaching the top is a challenge, there is a total of 600 m of gradual ascent with the presence of flat sections and steps. From the top of this mountain you have an impressive view not only of the Inca citadel but also of the surrounding mountains such as the Salkantay and in the same way you can visualize part of the Inca Trail.
We have 2 shifts to start the walk from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Services included in the Tour:
- All transfers mentioned in the program
- Guided tours according to itinerary
- Entrance to Machupicchu
- 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast at Hotel
- 1 buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Round trip tourist train (Expedition Service)
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu
Services not included in the Tour:
- Food not mentioned in the program
- Tourist ticket for Sacred Valley.
- Mountain Huaynapicchu
- Laundry and calls
- Hotel in Cusco
- Extra expenses not mentioned
- Flights and airport taxes *
- Reconfirmation of international flights
We recommend taking for this Tour:
- Original and current documents
- Student ID (ISIC CARD) original and current
- Photographic camera
- Sun cap, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Small backpack to carry personal belongings during the tour
- Clothing and comfortable shoes, warm jacket
*It is advisable to make your reservation in advance.
- Special discounts for students and children under 17
- Special discounts for the member countries of the Andean Community
- Vistadome train to add 25 USD (one section) per person (panoramic wagons)
- Vistadome train add 40 USD (round trip) per person (panoramic wagons)
- Mountains Huanapicchu or Machupicchu 15 USD