Peru vacation package. tour Cusco, Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca in 8 days
Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca are two wonders worth visiting in Peru. They are almost always included in the Peru vacation package, which help many visitors to tour the main attractions of Cusco and Lake Titicaca in a short time.
Cusco par excellence the capital of the last great civilization of America “The Incas”, know the glorious past that left in its streets, monuments, in its immense agricultural terraces of the Sacred Valley, and of course its last bastion “Machu Picchu”.
lago Titicaca is not only a natural and cultural jewel, but is also associated with the origin of the lavish Inca culture.
Enjoy a tour of the footprints left by our ancestors in the middle of beautiful sceneries and live a unique experience.
Day 1: Arrival to Lima Peru.
- home of the Peru vacation package. friendship, recommendations and some details about our adventure
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel en Lima.
- Free day to relax and walking along Malecón Costa Verde.
- Overnight at hotel in Lima.
Day 2: flight to Cusco.
- Transfer from the hotel to the airport to board the flight to Cusco.
- Transfer in to your hotel in Cusco.
- usco City Tour by the afternoon: Cathedral, Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Tambomachay, Qenqo.
- Overnight at hotel in Cusco.
Day 3: Sacred Valley Tour.
- Places to visit: Pisaq Ollantaytambo y Chinchero.
- Buffet lunch at Urubamba.
- Overnight at hotel in Cusco.
Day 4: Full day Tour to Machu Picchu.
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the trains station.
- Train journey From Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- train to Machu Picchu citadel.
- guided tour in Machu picchu., visiting the sacred citadel of the Incas, discover every corner such as viewpoints, temples, palaces and plazas.
- At announced time return by train to Aguas Calientes.
- Lunch time.
- Return to Cusco by train and by car.
- Overnight at hotel in Cusco.
Day 5: The Sun Route from Cusco to Puno.
- the fifth day, is the last in the city of Cusco of the Peru vacation package
- Sun route includes: Andahuaylillas Chapel, Raqchi temple of God Wiracocha,and Pucara museum, buffet lunch.
- Transfer to your hotel.
- Overnight at hotel in Puno.
- Noche en hotel de Puno.
Day 6: Tour Titicaca Islands 2D/1N.
- Places to visit: Uros and Amantani Island.
- Overnight in Amantani Island.
Day 7: Tour Titicaca Islands 2D/1N.
- Places to visit:Amantani and Taquile Island.
- Overnight at hotel in Puno.
Day 8: Departure from Puno.
- Transfer to the airport.
Meals: Breakfast = (B), Lunch = (L), Dinner = (D)
Day 01: Arrival to Lima (D).
the Peru vacation package, begins on arrival in our capital "Lima", will be received and transferred to your hotel located in the district of Miraflores, day of rest in the capital of Peru. Overnight in Lima.
Day 2: Flight to Cusco and by afternoon City Tour (13:30 – 18:30)
At announced time you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Cusco.
Upon arrival in Cusco we will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to your hotel. We recommended that you drink a coca leaf infusion and rest for the first hours to better acclimatize to the altitude.
In the afternoon we will pick you up for the hotel at 13:30 hours to visit the Cusco Cathedral and its treasures of Colonial art, including fine silverworks, wood carvings and paintings belonging to Escuela cuzqueña of XVII, XVIII centuries. Next we will visit Koricancha the Sun Temple in the Inca Empire, then we will continue to the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, with its huge stone blocks joined perfectly and other Incan shrines that we will visit will include: Tambomachay, Qenqo and Puca Pucara. Overnight in Cusco.
Day 3: Sacred Valley of the Incas (8:30 – 18:30) (B)(L).
the Peru vacation package. in addition to tours, includes some visits to artisan centers and experiential tourism.
This day tour takes you toward fabulous places in the Sacred Valley, archaeological sites located in picturesque villages full of history and tradition. We will start from your hotel in a private vehicle towards the archaeological site of Pisac, a great place for its outstanding agricultural terraces and palaces erected neatly over the mountain. Then we will descend towards its famous handicraft market full of a variety of colorful products that will delight our senses. Next we will drive to the town of Urubamba, where a delicious lunch will be waiting for us. Then we will continue our trip by bus to the fortress of Ollantaytambo to see its magnificent rooms and temples built with enormous blocks of granite. When we return to Cusco, we will visit the picturesque village of Chinchero to appreciate the remains of the Incan king, Tupac Yupanqui’s palace and its beautiful colonial church. In addition, we will have the opportunity to visit textile workshops showcasing the mastery of the Andean weavers. Overnight in Cusco.
Day 4: Full day Tour to Machu Picchu (B)
Very early transfer from your hotel to the train station, where we will board the train service to Aguas Calientes, a town that is located at the foot of Machu Picchu Mountain (2000m/6561ft). During the train journey you will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the mountains and valleys that surround the train with spectacular views of the Urubamba valley. Once in Aguas Calientes, we will take the bus of ascent (30min) to the Inca citadel and then start the guided tour (2 1/2 hrs) through the main temples, plazas and religious sites of this enigmatic city. At the end you will have free time to explore the site on your own. At a scheduled time (to be announced), we will descend back to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included) and finally we will return to Cusco by train and by bus. Overnight in Cusco.
- Time to start the tour: 4:00 to 5:00 hrs.
- Train Journey from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes: 1hr and 45 minutes.
- Estimated time of arrival at your hotel in Cusco: 19:00 a.m. to 20:00 p.m
Day 5: The Sun Route Cusco –Puno (7:30 – 17:00) (B)(L).
At the scheduled time (to be announced), we will go to the bus station to take the bus to Puno city, on the way we will be able to see the beautiful sceneries of the Peruvian valleys and highlands. The highlands consist of small towns with farmers, herders and camelids. On our way to Puno, we will visit more Andean landmarks, such as: the Andahuaylillas chapel (which is one of the most beautiful examples of Andean popular religious art), Raqchi (the temple of Wiracocha god with really monumental dimensions), and Pukara (an important litic museum in Puno). Upon arrival in Puno, you will be transferred from the bus station to your hotel.Overnight in Puno.
- Estimated distance from Cusco to Puno: 387 km
- Bus Journey from Cusco to Puno : 10 hours (by bus including stops ).
- Elevation during the route: Cusco 3:400 m, La Raya 4, 335m and Puno City 3,812m.
Day 6: Tour Titicaca Islands 2D/1N (B)(L)
Pick up from the hotel at 7:30 am to start the excursion to Titicaca Lake, in a fast boat, we will visit the floating island of Uros (3812m/15787ft), a village dedicated to fishing and hunting that has inhabited since ancient times. These floating islands are made of totora reeds, an aquatic plant that is also used to make their homes and reed boats. Then we will continue the trip by boat to the island of Amantani where we will be greeted by a local family. We will share the rest of the day and night getting to know some of their customs and traditions. We will also visit the sacred site of Pachata and watch the sunset over Lake Titicaca. Overnight at Amantani in a local family home.
Day 7: Amantani Islands – Taquile Island – Puno (B)(L)
After a breakfast with our local family, we will say goodbye them and continue the trip by boat to Taquile Island. This island consists of a village of Quechua Indians who developed a special social organization based on collective work. Additionally, this culture is known for having wonderful textile art recognized by UNESCO as living heritage. Here we will have a typical lunch and then walk through its trails with spectacular views of Lake Titicaca. Finally we will return to Puno. Overnight in Puno.
Day 8: Departure Day (B)
Last day of the Peru vacation package service, after touring the main attractions of the city of Cusco, Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca our tour concludes without any complications.
At the scheduled time, transfer to the airport for your flight to Lima or international flight.
- All transfer mentioned.
- All guided tour described in the itinerary.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Entrance fees to all sites visited.
- Tourist transportation.
- Accommodation in the selected hotel (03 in Cusco, 1 in Lima, 02 in Puno, 01 in local house at the island).
- 04 Lunchs (Sacred Valley, Islands and Sun route).
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Laundry and phone calls.
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations.
- Domestic and international flight (except the mentioned)*.
*Domestic flight could be purchased by us