Maras, Moray and Machupicchu in 2 days
enjoy an exclusive tour of Maras, Moray on the way to Machu Picchu, passing through the Sacred Valley of the Incas which consists of picturesque colonial towns. which house ancient sacred citadels belonging to the Inca culture, is located between Cusco and Machu Picchu on the banks of the Urubamba River, let yourself be impressed by its pleasant climate, its lush scenic and mainly by the traces left by our ancestors on its citadels, temples, palaces, customs and its own people. If you really want to see something different and varied before to get to Machu Picchu, this tour is for you.
Day 01: Chinchero Maras Moray in the Sacred Valley Tour.
- Places to visit at sacred Valley: Chinchero andean village, Circular terraces of Moray(inca agricultural laboratory), Maras village, and Salineras.
- Train journey from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town.
- Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupichu town)
*Optional: you have the option to stay the first night in a hotel at the sacred valley, and start the trip to Machu Picchu the next day. Let us to know. We will be happy to personalize your trip.
Day 02: Tour in Machupicchu.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Bus ride to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour visiting the sacred citadel of the Incas, discover every corner such as viewpoints, temples, palaces and plazas.
- At announced time return by bus to Aguas Calientes.
- Lunch time.
- Return to Cusco by train and transport.
- Transfer to your hotel.
Meals: Breakfast = (B), Lunch = (L), Dinner = (D)
Day 01: Chinchero Salineras Maras at Sacred Valley (L)
At announced time pick you up from your hotel and ahead along amazing mountains scenic towards the andean village of chinchero, here we will visit remains of the Inca Tupac Yupanqui palace, and a beautiful colonial church, then we will continue traveling towards the circular terraces of Moray located a few miles from the town of Chinchero, this was a large agricultural laboratory built in the Inca era, continuing with our journey we will reach the salt mines of the town of Maras, there we will find the salt mine Rosada unique in Peru With its more than 3,000 pools of salt used since pre Inca times to the present, then we will continue driving to the town of Urubamba where a delicious lunch awaits us. Finally we will go to the town of Ollantaytambo, the gateway to "Machu Picchu", from this place we will board the afternoon trains to the town of Aguas Calientes. Overnight at Aguas Calientes Town
- Recommended time to start from your Hotel: 8:30 hrs.
- Estimated duration: 8 hrs.
- Journey by train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes: 1H and 45 minutes.
- Level: Easy gentle walk .
Day 02: visit Machupicchu from Aguas Calientes town
This could be an early day to prepare for Machu Picchu, after a good breakfats we will pick up you from your hotel to take the bus from Aguas Calientes town to Machupicchu itself, and then start the guided tour for about 2 and half hrs. Visiting the main highliths of Machu Picchu such as: temples, palaces, lookouts, plazas and religious sites of this enigmatic citadel. At a scheduled time we will descend back to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included) and finally return to Cusco by train and by bus.
- Recommended time to start in the morning: 5:30, 6:30, 8:00 a.m
- Estimated journey time by train and transportation from Aguas Calientes to Cusco: 3h and 50 min.
- Estimated time of arrival at your hotel: 20:30 a.m. to 22:00 hrs.
- Sacred Valley tour (Chinchero, Moray, Maras Salt Mines, ).
- Entrances fees for the Sacred Valley.
- Lunch Buffete (Sacred Valley Tour).
- Round trip train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas calientes –Ollantaytambo.
- 01 Night hotel with breakfast in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Round trip Bus ticket Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes.
- English speaker tour guide.
- Meals in Aguas Calientes town.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain ($ 18.00 subject to availability).
- Expenses not mentioned in the program.
What you need:
- Original documents passport.
- Students (ISIC card valid at the date of entry).
- Bring camera.
- Small backpack for your personal things.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses, rain poncho.