Train from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu - 1 day tour
This full day tour Train from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu all inclusive, take you to know this wonder of ancient world built during the great Inca Empire in the 15th century. Know how the Incas were technologically advanced and how they spread out from the south of Colombia down to Chile, including Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia..
Do you have a short time? This is definitely the best way to get to Machu Picchu in a short travel time, starting the trip to Machu Picchu by train from ollantaytambo (ollantaytambo station).
- Departures: Daily
- Duration: Full day
Day 01: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Machupicchu
- 4:00 am transfer by bus from the hotel to the train station in Ollantaytambo
- 6:10 am train journey to Machupicchu Town
- 7:40 arrival to Machu Picchu town
- 30 minutes bus ride from Machu Picchu town to the inca citadel
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu for about 2 and a half hours.
- Places to visit: temple of the sun, temple of the 3 windows, temple of the condor, footpaths, viewpoints and others.
- Free time to continue exploring (optional hike to the mountains)
- Return to Cusco city by Train and bus (14:55 or 18:20 hrs train service)
Optional Tour Activities in Machu Picchu
Huaynapicchu Mountain (2693 m) .Add 15 USD
- First group: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. 200 spaces
- Second group:10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. 200 spaces
Machu Picchu Mountain (3082 m) .Add 15 USD
- First Group: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Second Group: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Day 01: Machupicchu in 1 day
Reference time for the beginning and end of the tour by train from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu: 4:00 - 19:00, 22:00 hrs
The tour starts with the transfer from the hotel to the train station in Ollantaytambo, located 1 hour and 45 minutes by bus, from there we board the train to Machu Picchu Pueblo located at the foot of the mountain Machu Picchu at 2000 m . During the train ride you will enjoy beautiful views of mountains and villages located on the banks of the Urubamba Valley.
Once in the town of Machu Picchu, we will board the bus up to the citadel of Machu Picchu, the Inca city. We will then begin the guided tour visiting the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the 3 windows, the Temple of the Condor, the Inti Huatana, beautiful trails and viewpoints of the historic Inca citadel. At the end of the guided tour, you will have free time to continue exploring Machu Picchu . Finally we will descend to Machu Picchu Pueblo where you can have lunch and return to Cusco by train to Ollantaytambo and bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco, at the scheduled time.
- Cusco – Ollantaytambo: 76 km / 1 h 45 min by bus
- Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu: 45 km / 1 h 45 min by train
- Machu Picchu village – Machu Picchu Inca city: / 30 min by bus
Optional walks in Machu Picchu
main points of visit in the 1 day tour, by train from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu
Huayna Picchu Mountain (Young Mountain): located to the north of the citadel at 2,693 masl. Its access is from the same Inca citadel and is a moderate walk of approximately 300 meters. The hiking is through a steep path with steep steps that leads you to the top of the mountain in where you can see constructions and agricultural terraces perfectly attached to the mountain.
From the top of this mountain you have a privileged and complete view of the whole Inca citadel, for these reasons it is attributed an astronomical religious function and at the same time a point of control. There are 2 turns of entry, the first from 7 to 8 am and the second turns from 9 to 10 am, each of them has 200 spaces that must be reserved well in advance.
Machu Picchu Mountain (Old Mountain): located to the south of the Inca citadel (3,082 masl) . Its access is from the same Inca citadel through a broad and less steep trail.
The hike to this mountain demands a good physical condition and to reach the top is a challenge. The walk is a gradual ascent with presence of flat sections and steps. From the top of this mountain you have a breathtaking view not only of the Inca citadel but also of the surrounding mountains like the Salkantay and in the same way you can see part of the Inca trail.
There are 2 turns to start the walk from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Pick up from your hotel to Ollantaytambo station.
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Round trip train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (Expediton or Vistadome upon request)
- Bus tickets up and down Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- Huaynapicchu Mountain and Machu Picchu mountain ( $15.00 USD subject to availability)
- Hotel in Cusco
- Extra expenses not mentioned in the program
We recommend to bring
- OriginalPassport document
- Student international card (ISIC) original and valid
- Hat, sunblock, insect repellant
- Small day backpack, to carry your personal belongings during the tour