Maras, Moray and Machupicchu in 2 days
Our classic shared program invite you to visit really privileged places full of history and natural beauty: such as Sacred Valley, Cusco and Machu Picchu a wonder of the world. Live an incredible experience in the Incas land.
Day 01: Arrival in Cusco – City Tour
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel
- Cusco City tour: Cathedral, Coricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Tambomachay, Qenqo (half day/afternoon)
- Overnight at hotel in Cusco
Day 02: Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Sacred Valley Tour: Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero (full day)
- Buffet Lunch at sacred valley
- Overnight at hotel in Cusco
Day 03: Machu Picchu full day by Train
- Round trip journey to Machu Picchu by bus and train
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Overnight at hotel in Cusco
Day 04: Departure
- At schedule time you will be transfered to the Airpor or bus station
Optional Tour Activities in Machu Picchu
Huaynapicchu Mountain (2693 m)
- First group: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. 200 spaces
- Second group:10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. 200 spaces
Machu Picchu Mountain (3082 m)
- First Group: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Second Group: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Day 1: Arrival in Cusco – City Tour
- Referential schedule of start and end of tour: 13:30 hs to 18:30 hrs
Upon arrival in Cusco we will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to your hotel. We recommended that you drink a coca leaf infusion and rest for the first hours to better acclimatize to the altitude.
In the afternoon we will pick you up for the hotel at 13:30 to visit the Cusco Cathedral and its treasures of Colonial art, including fine silverworks, wood carvings and paintings belonging to Escuela cuzqueña of XVII, XVIII centuries. We will then continue to qoricancha the Sun Temple in the Inca Empire, after we will continue to the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, with its huge stone blocks joined perfectly and other Incan shrines that we will visit will include: Tambomachay, Qenqo and Puca Pucara.Overnight in Cusco
- Referential schedule of start and end of tour: 8:30 hs to 18:30 hs
- Meals included today: Breakfast and Lunch
Pick up from the hotel at 08:30 am to be transported in a private vehicle towards the archaeological site of Pisac, a great place for its outstanding agricultural terraces and palaces erected neatly over the mountain. Then we will descend towards its famous handicraft market full of a variety of colorful products that will delight our senses. Next we will drive to the town of Urubamba, where a delicious lunch will be waiting for us. Then we will continue our trip by bus to the fortress of Ollantaytambo to see its magnificent rooms and temples built with enormous blocks of granite. When we return to Cusco, we will visit the picturesque village of Chinchero to appreciate the remains of the Incan king, Tupac Yupanqui’s palace and its beautiful colonial church. In addition, we will have the opportunity to visit textile workshops showcasing the mastery of the Andean weavers. Overnight in Cusco
Day 3: Machu Picchu full day by Train
- Referential schedule of start and end of tour: 4:00 hs to 19:00 hs or 22:00 hs
- Meals included today: Breakfast
Very early transfer from your hotel to the train station, where we will board the train service to Aguas Calientes, a town that is located at the foot of Machu Picchu mountain (2000m/6561ft). During the train journey you will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the mountains and valleys that surround the train with spectacular views of the Urubamba valley. Once in Aguas Calientes, we will take the bus of ascent (30min) to the Inca citadel and then start the guided tour (2 1/2 hrs) through the main temples, plazas and religious sites of this enigmatic city. At the end you will have free time to explore the site on your own. At a scheduled time (to be announced), we will descend back to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included) and finally we will return to Cusco by train and by bus. Overnight in Cusco
Day 4: Departure Day
- Meals included today: Breakfast.
According to your departure flight you will be transferred to the Airport.
End of the Service
Optional walks in Machu Picchu
Huaynapicchu Mountain (Young Mountain): located to the north of the citadel at 2,693 masl. Its access is from the same Inca citadel and is a moderate walk of approximately 300 meters. The hiking is through a steep path with steep steps that leads you to the top of the mountain in where you can see constructions and agricultural terraces perfectly attached to the mountain.
From the top of this mountain you have a privileged and complete view of the whole Inca citadel, for these reasons it is attributed an astronomical religious function and at the same time a point of control. There are 2 turns of entry, the first from 7 to 8 am and the second turns from 9 to 10 am, each of them has 200 spaces that must be reserved well in advance.
Machu Picchu Mountain (Old Mountain): located to the south of the Inca citadel (3,082 masl) . Its access is from the same Inca citadel through a broad and less steep trail.
The hike to this mountain demands a good physical condition and to reach the top is a challenge. The walk is a gradual ascent with presence of flat sections and steps. From the top of this mountain you have a breathtaking view not only of the Inca citadel but also of the surrounding mountains like the Salkantay and in the same way you can see part of the Inca trail.
There are 2 turns to start the walk from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- All transfer mentioned in the program
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
- All guided tours described in the itinerary
- 3 Nights in selected accomodation in Cusco
- Breakfast in hotel
- 01 buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley Tour
- Tourist transportation
- Round trip train ticket Cusco – Aguas Calientes – Cusco Expedition (Train Vistadome service, upon request)
- Bus tickets up and down Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- Meals, not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the city Tour and Sacred Valley Tour.
- Huaynapicchu Mountain (subject to availability)
- Flights and airport taxes*
- Reconfirmation of international flights
- Laundry and phone calls
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Extra expenses not specifically mentioned in the program
*Domestic flights could be purchased by us.
We Recommend to Bring
- Passport document
- Student ID card or international student id CARD (ISIC) original and valid
- Hat, sunblock, bug repellant
- Small day backpack, to carry your personal belongings in the days of tour
- Clothes and comfortable shoes
- Warm Clothes
- For students (with valid ISC CARD)
- Children under 17 years old
- Special discoun for groups more than 5 peolple
- Vistadome Train 25 USD (one way) per person (panoramic wagons)
- Vistadome Train 40 USD (round trip) per person (panoramic wagons)
- Machupicchu or Huaynapicchu Mountains 15 USD